Fandom: Silk Stalkings
Pairing: Rita Lance/Chris Lorenzo
Word Count: 249
Summary: Even after all the changes, far away from their old careers, and their old lives they were they were still each other's best friends, lovers, and most importantly partners. After all this time, Chris Lorenzo was still her true north.
Author's Notes: Silk Stalkings was truly my first fandom. I watched it secretly as a child, before I knew anything about fandom, or shipping. However, to my surprise I still ship Rita/Chris. I blame Hulu for having the episodes online. Hulu is such a dirty enabler!
Rita brushed through her curly brown hair. In more recent years, she had been straighting it, but today she felt like returning to her original style. 'Sometimes it was good to get back to basics' she thought to herself. Rita shook her head, and was about to turn to see where her husband got off to, when she felt a pair of warm familiar hands run down her back. After a bit before they finally pushed her hair aside to reveal the long graceful slope of her neck. A pair of lips kissed her neck, and she closed her eyes and smiled.
"You are just as beautiful as you were the year that we met, Sam."
Rita turned and smiled up at her husband. "That was twenty-five years ago, Sam."
"Still the most beautiful woman I ever met." Chris Lorenzo swore fervently , before he finally leaned down to caressed her cheek, then kissed her.
""Flatterer." She muttered, when they finally came up for air.
He gave that wide beautiful grin, that very same grin that immediately gained her attention all the way back a long ago bullpen in Palm Springs. Rita had always been cynical about love, but Chris proved her that all her reservations had been wrong. Even after all the changes, far away from their old careers, and their old lives they were they were still each other's best friends, lovers, and most importantly partners. After all this time, Chris Lorenzo was still her true north.
"Ouch," she said, as she rubbed her hip.
"Sorry about that," a deep masucline voice answered her from above.
Betty looked to see a man with dark brown hair, and warm blue eye looking down at her. He offered his hand, and she took it. He helped up her back up to her feet.
Also, school has started and that means that I'm back to the art. It's not like starting over, but I got a great idea for 00Q reverse bang. And I'm looking forward to doing it. Anyway, that's all for now. I'm off to write.
- Wed, 03:10: Chevalier : Premade Book Cover (For Sale) https://t.co/80P8DJzHar #graphic design
- Wed, 03:10: Chevalier : Premade Book Cover (For Sale) - https://t.co/oioBFpFFkb #graphicDesign #BodiceRipper #BookCover https://t.co/cSFO17CU5T
- Wed, 03:15: Chevalier : Premade Book Cover (For Sale) https://t.co/ID9sTULixW on @bloglovin
Just a little something to get me back in the swing of things. I saw these two models and I knew I had to use it. The biggest issue was just getting the coloring and the lighting just right. I really like the end result.
- Thu, 13:11: RT @lit_oblivion: I FINALLY POSTED A FIC. https://t.co/kI1z5iEVtQ This is for @howlnatural and the other peeps who gave me craft suggestions
- Thu, 13:12: RT @EmeraudeToubia: Gorg!!! 😚 https://t.co/ihbYoXHbYx
- Thu, 13:14: Good morning! I'm done with this weeks blog posts, so I'm doing some creative stuff today! #blogging #writing #art https://t.co/QoCeMpL5V6
- Thu, 18:07: Lady of The Lake: Photo Manipulation. https://t.co/JrIa62WO4l #graphic design
- Thu, 18:07: Lady of The Lake: Photo Manipulation. - https://t.co/HLm7FYcXVY #graphicDesign #Arthurian #LadyOfTheLake https://t.co/UMilVmMo0Q
- Thu, 20:51: Lady of The Lake: Photo Manipulation. https://t.co/gjwg1B5jOQ on @bloglovin
This was a piece that I couldn’t get out of my head, and I just had to do it. Again, it look simple but when I got into the details then everything turned really complicated. There are a lot components that made up this piece and I think this was one of the reasons why it was so difficult.
- Sat, 05:32: RT @StoodTooClose: "Are you really going to vote for Clinton just because she isn't Trump?" Yes? I would literally elect Chef Boyardee bec…
- Sat, 05:45: RT @Colethewolf: This Storm fan-film is fucking AMAZING. I have chills. I can't even handle this. #Storm #WeatherGoddess https://t.co/u1rjz…
- Thu, 15:21: RT @historyepics: Jimi Hendrix in uniform during his time in the US Army, 1961. https://t.co/splrvLjDJb
- Fri, 00:34: Rain On Me: Photo Manipulation https://t.co/2LfDBUIfwg #graphic design
- Fri, 00:34: Rain On Me: Photo Manipulation - https://t.co/QlWtePGNLL #graphicDesign #Gothic #Original https://t.co/o23merZKjZ
- Fri, 01:51: Rain On Me: Photo Manipulation https://t.co/9qQwYrgJIh on @bloglovin
I had to take a long hiatus to do some work on the blogging side, and then my computer died and then I had to set up the new laptop. So long hiatus on the art stuff, and believe me I was sorry to do it. This is sort of a warm up, something familar and supposedly easy. This piece looks easy, but was hard as heck to do. I had to scrap the first piece, and this is the second draft. It really took a long time to get the details right. It was the lighting and the shadows, and the rose. Don’t get me started on the rose.